Thursday, September 28, 2017

Spotlight: Dra. Helen Abayon Mano

Dra. Helen Abayon Mano

Dra. Helen is a pediatrician from Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur, 2016 Manila Best Dressed Awardee, Awarded as Outstanding Woman of Style and Community Service. Grand Champion in a dance competition for the Philippine Medical Association. She also support and extends her help to less fortunate people through JCI Philippines and the Philippine Foundation of the Brotherhood of Christian and Professionals (BCBP).




1. Tell us about your personal opinion about empowered women?

Empowered women are women of integrity and principle whose lives are dedicated to the service of people and making an impact on the lives of many. They embody the true essence of being a woman, a leader and a change maker.

2. What inspires you?
My family has always been and will always be my biggest inspiration in life. They are my reason for living – my fuel in everything I do.

3. How do you take care of yourself or what are your beauty regimens?
Sleep is essential to staying beautiful but being a pediatrician, it is extremely difficult to have adequate time for sleep. Numerous referrals and emergency hospital calls at night would wake me up in the middle of my sleep. I think my biological rhythm has adapted quite well to this set up over the years. I also make sure that I wash my face and get a refreshing hot shower before going to sleep. I love to eat and I am particularly a voracious fruit eater and I just can’t resist seafoods and veggies. I have a passion for dancing and I go to the gym with my husband if time allows but I do light lifts everyday just to tone my arms. I take daily supplements and these help me lot with my daily physical and mental demands as a doctor.

4. How do you define success?
Success is when I get to achieve my goals in life. Success is when I see happy faces of my family for what I do. Success is when I am able to save lives of ailing children. Success is when I please God in everything single thing that I do and every thought that I make.

5. What is your secret of being fabulous?

A good disposition is life is reflection in anything you show on the outside and what you feel on the inside. I love dress, shoes and bags. It has become my passion to always look good at all times even during emergency hospital calls. Looking good gives me a different mood and confidence.

6. What is your advice or suggestions to all women?

We only live once and life is relatively short, so make the most of it. Every woman should feel good and look good whenever possible. Think positively but always learn from the negative side of life.  Be proud of being a woman and be an agent of change. Make your family as your fortress and refuge and put God in the middle of it and everything good will spring from it.

Check out the behind the scenes video at City Garden Hotel Makati



1 comment:

  1. Wooahhh!! I love love love to be an empowered woman that fuels the inspiration of other people too. In short, I want to be a Dra.

    ReplyDelete